Welcome to our website
Are you a Belgian who has recently moved to Iran and would like to register with the Embassy in Tehran? Did you lose your passport while you were travelling through Iran as a tourist? Do you need to request a visa in order to travel to Belgium? Then you’ve come to the right address.
This website will keep you up to date on consular matters that are specifically applicable to Belgians in Iran, current events in Belgian foreign policy and other useful information or events.
Are you travelling abroad? Register on Travellers Online.
No country is totally immune to crisis, attacks or accidents. Register your trip on Travellers Online. This will make it easier for the FPS Foreign Affairs to inform and support you. Your data will always remain confidential.
For information on the Covid-19 coronavirus, we refer you to the websites of the FPS Foreign Affairs, the European Union, the World Health Organization and the FPS Health, which are regularly updated. We advise you to stay informed via these reference sites, the local authorities and the press. Further information on the measures taken in Belgium can be found on the Crisis Centre website.
Belgians and holders of residence documents valid for Belgium are allowed to enter the country. For third-country nationals in possession of a valid visa, only essential travel (see below) is permitted. The essential nature of the trip to Belgium must be demonstrated.
Anyone returning from Iran must complete the passenger location form, quarantine themselves in Belgium and undergo a test.
In response to the coronavirus crisis, the European Union decided to temporarily close the external borders to third-country nationals making non-essential journeys. This temporary travel restriction applies to Iran until further notice.
The following essential travel is permitted:
1. Healthcare professionals/researchers;
2. Frontier workers;
3. Seasonal workers in agriculture;
4. Transport personnel;
5. Diplomats, staff of international organisations and people invited by international organisations whose physical presence is required for the well-functioning of these organisations, military personnel, humanitarian aid workers and civil protection personnel in the exercise of their functions;
6. Passengers in transit ;
7. Passengers travelling for imperative family reasons, including visas for marriage, family visits to a spouse/partner, weddings and funerals of a family member (1st or 2nd degree) ;
9. Persons in need of international protection or for humanitarian reasons;
10. Third-country nationals travelling for the purpose of study;
11. Highly qualified third-country workers if their employment is necessary from an economic perspective and the work cannot be postponed or performed from abroad.
In addition, new visa applications for work based on a single permit and professional card, those for researches (hosting agreement) and family reunification may be submitted and visas may be issued.
New long-stay visa applications for work (single permit, professional card and hosting agreement), study and family reunification can be submitted to VFS.
For all other visa applications for essential travel, please first contact Tehran.Visa@diplobel.fed.be indicating the reasons why the visa application belongs to one of the 11 categories above, together with the relevant supporting documents..
Visas in process which meet the conditions set out above will be issued.
New applications that do not fall under the essential travel categories cannot be submitted, nor can visas be issued.
The opening hours of the Embassy are temporarily reduced from Sunday to Thursday from 10am and 3pm.
In order to protect your health and that of other visitors, the Embassy only allows visits by appointment. Non-essential appointments can be rescheduled.
Visitors are invited to respect the following measures:
- Maintain a social distance of at least 1.5 m.
- Check your temperature before going to the appointment.
- Wear a mask.
- When entering the Embassy, use the hand sanitizing gel provided.
If you have been ill within the last two weeks or if you show symptoms of illness, please cancel your appointment. This also applies if you are living with someone who is ill or if you have recently been in contact with someone who had symptoms of COVID-19.
You can contact the Embassy of Belgium by e-mail: Tehran@diplobel.fed.be